The Director of Presales will be responsible for managing a team of Solutions Consultants- the single Technical point-of-contact for all prospects who are evaluating Chargebee to meet their subscription and billing needs. You will report to the CRO and will work with Chargebee’s leadership team to exceed the company's revenue targets. Your primary responsibility would be to guide the team to identify creative solutions to complex use-cases, improve the time to solution, increase the “win-rate”, improve the quality of solutioning, etc.
You will work very closely with the Sales, Implementation and Product teams in an effort to improve the Product-Market fit. Your team will be located globally and this role will involve frequent travel to the EU and US offices of Chargebee.
What you should have
- Manage a team of young and dynamic individuals in the Presales function and ensure they are able to address the prospect’s requirements by providing simple and easy to implement solutions
- Work with Presales Enablement to identify new processes and tools to improve the quality of Solutioning
- Work cross-functionally with the Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure internal speedbumps encountered during the Sales cycle are promptly overcome to increase the number of “wins”
- Collaborate with Implementation & Sales teams to plan and execute the attainment of the projected quarterly expansion revenue from the accounts.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews as well as mentor/coach the team members. The team MBOs must be well defined and shared in advance
- Ensure any challenges/ roadblocks arising during the Solutioning phase are promptly escalated to the Leadership team and diligently manage the resolution of the challenges
- Generate, own and act on performance reports of this function both at team and organization level
- Assign priorities and ensure timeline adherence on import projects for our prospects.
- Be the conduit from Sales to Product for product features and enhancements
- Manage the responses to technical sections of RFP / RFI’s in the sales cycle
What you will do
- Minimum 12 years of hands-on Presales/ Sales Engineering experience with at least 5 of those years in the SaaS industry.
- Experience leading and managing large, global teams
- Relevant account and customer management experience.
- Strong analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, project management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven start-up environment.
- Passionate about customer service and helping others.
- Experience with payment systems and/or working at a Fintech company – an advantage.
Chargebee might be the opportunity you’re looking for
- If you’re interested in how subscription businesses can get more efficient.
- If you’re hungry to give and receive feedback, fully understanding that challenging perspectives are the only way that you can grow.
- If you can bring empathy to problem solving.
apply with your résumé to get
the conversation started