We need a startup evangelist
to spread the good word
Do you love startups? Do you want to engage with startup founders, CEOs, and developers and tell them the story of how Chargebee can help them build and scale their subscription business? Then this is the job for you! You will get to create, drive and strengthen our relationship with startups.
What does that entail?
You will have to reach out, build and manage relationships with startups, incubators and accelerators, with enthusiasm, and with persistence.
Engaging with the Community
You have to strategize, plan, and execute or sponsor events and conduct other related marketing or demand generation activities. And you will have to measure impact!
Expressing your Creativity
You have to use your creative skills in content, and in all communications. You also have to be creative in managing your resources, especially your time.
In a typical week you would:
- Develop and execute marketing and partnership programs to deepen existing relationships with startups and accelerators, and build new ones.
- Own and execute outbound campaigns designed to promote awareness of Chargebee's subscription management platform.
- Build content for web pages, newsletters, blog, social channels, and presentations for startup events.
- Partner with our internal marketing team and product managers to uncover the needs of startups and produce content and engagement strategies.
- Manage customer references and be a key point of contact for startup customers.
- Jointly own Chargebee's social media channels to promote our startup success stories.
- Organize weekly outreach events across startup ecosystems within North America.
- Coordinate sponsorships of external startup-focused events.
We hope you've got:
- 5+ years experience building and nurturing communities--experience as a community manager, editor, and content strategist (preferably working with startups) OR 2+ years working as a startup evangelist.
- Experience creating content and owning outbound and inbound conversations for newsletters, blogs, and social channels.
- Proven ability to communicate with small groups, both offline and online.
- Experience with marketing tools and analytics is required.
- Experience organising community events is a plus.
- Experience navigating partnerships is a plus.
- Past business development experience at startup accelerators, incubators or venture funds is a plus.
- Travel is a natural part of this role, but it can be delegated to team members, if you can remotely orchestrate things to perfection!
- Degrees don’t matter to us as long as you understand how the world works and how to get the best out of people.
Chargebee might be the opportunity you’re looking for
- If you’re interested in how subscription businesses can get more efficient.
- If you’re hungry to give and receive feedback, fully understanding that challenging perspectives are the only way that you can grow.
- If you can bring empathy to problem solving.
apply with your résumé to get
the conversation started