Microsoft Dynamics GP Integration
Microsoft Dynamics GP(formerly Great Plains) is accounting software that has applications for financial management, field service, business intelligence, collaboration, and compliance. Chargebee syncs invoice data with MS Dynamics GP using Workato recipes and Integration manager to help merchants manage their accounts.
Workato has an enterprise-grade workflow automation platform with user-friendly consumer apps, enabling users to build workflow automation quickly. This integration is made possible by:
- Workato recipes export the Chargebee data using Chargebee API and export files in the MS Dynamics GP machine. A recipe is an automated workflow that connects your apps. Each workflow might involve one or more recipes and assets associated with the recipes. In Chargebee, these recipes are used eventually to integrate Workato with MS Dynamics GP.
- Integration Manager imports Chargebee data exported by Workato recipes from a specific location and syncs the Invoice data to MS Dynamics GP.
Listed here are the prerequisites required at the merchant site:
- Recipe lifecycle management options(Export and import) should be available in the account.
- Integration manager access is mandatory for the integration to work.
- Make sure you have set up the FTP server in your GP machine with passive mode enabled.
- The merchant must create a custom field called GP Customer ID in the subscriptions to map it with GP customer ID.
Setting up Workato
To set up the Workato and create a recipe in the merchant, follow the prerequisites mentioned above.
Importing a Recipe
Recipes for the MS Dynamics GP integration.
|Export Chargebee data for MS GP
||Main recipe to schedule exports and generate CSVs. Note: While using the export API, Workato restricts the zip/CSV file size to 50 MB. The CSV file processor has a limit of 50000 lines for specific actions.
|Export Product Catalog
||Schedule exports for Plans, Addons, and Coupons
||Generate download link for exports
The target folder Integration Manager should be created manually in GP Machine as workato FTP does not have folder creation access.
Setting up the Integration Manager
A Sales Transaction integration is required for syncing Chargebee data to GP using Integration manager. Chargebee will share this Integration with the merchants.
Workflow of MS Dynamics GP Integration
This workflow represents how Chargebee Invoice data is synced with the MS Dynamics GP.
Mapping fields between Chargebee and MS Dynamics GP
This section helps you understand the objects and field mapping between Chargebee and MS Dynamics GP.
Chargebee Invoice data is mapped to MS Dynamics GP customers with the following supported actions.
Source Entity - Chargebee Invoice
Supported Actions - Update for existing customers and plans in GP
Unsupported Actions - Create a new customer
The following table provides information on Invoice mapping between Chargebee and MS Dynamics GP:
|GP Target Field
||CB Source Field
The merchant uses custom fields to map Chargebee data to MS Dynamics GP. Chargebee invoice data is mapped to GP customers using the subscription custom field GP customer ID.
|MS Dynamics GP Target Field
||CB Source Field
|GP customer ID
- Update the mapping CSV files in the MS Dynamics GP machine for mapping the Chargebee entity
- Chargebee Subscription to the MS Dynamics GP Customers
- Chargebee Plan to MS Dynamics GP item number
- What is a GP Virtual Machine?
It is a Windows machine, where your GP application is configured and can be a server or virtual machine. Here it refers to the Windows machine where the GP application and Integration Manager are installed.
- What is a Workato recipe?
A recipe is an automated workflow that connects your apps. Workato recipes export Chargebee data using Chargebee API and export files in the MS Dynamics GP machine. Each workflow might involve one or more recipes and assets associated with the recipes. In Chargebee, these recipes are used to integrate Workato with MS Dynamics GP.
- What information is sent during the oneway data sync by Chargebee?
Chargebee sends the Invoice details to Sales Order Processing during the oneway data sync.
- How are the invoice details exported?
We use Chargebee CSV exports to export Invoice details from Chargebee and process the CSV files using Workato to place them on your GP machine.
- Does Chargebee use the GP Customer ID and is that a separate field?
In Chargebee, you need to create a Subscription custom field "GP Customer ID" to populate it from Chargebee.
Our exported files will have the invoices mapped to Subscriptions with GP Customer ID and the invoice is mapped to GP records using this custom field value.