June 23-24, 2018, 9 AM - 9 PM.
Chargebee Technologies, 4th floor, Block B,
SP Infocity, MGR Salai, Perungudi, Chennai
Map location →
- 7.00 - 8.00AM - Reporting time
- 8.00AM - Welcome Address
- 8.15AM - Keynote Speech
- 8.30AM - Hackathon Commences
- 12.30PM - Hackathon ends & Code freeze
- 1.30PM - Panel review & Demo begins
- 5.30PM - Prize ceremony
Think textbook hackathon, involving a weekend of ideation, MVP product development, presenting ideas, and some amount of coding. Now add to that the prospect of doing all of that with driven teams (who are predominantly women), kickass mentors (many of them women again), and unlimited caffeine. Oh, the theme for the hackathon is "Solving everyday problems in businesses", and the sub-themes are Productivity, Collaboration, and Content Management.
There is. By participating in WTF, apart from a weekend of learnings from some of the best thought leaders in town and building your next business idea, you also get a chance to win a total prize money worth Rs. 2 lakhs. :)
Well, it's more of a rule than a catch: your team should contain a maximum of 4 members (and a minimum of, well 1, duh). In case of a mixed entry (men and women), your team should have more women than men, and it should also be led by a woman (hit us up if you can't form a team of your own and we'll help you with it).
It's on the 23rd and 24th of June, 2018 (Saturday and Sunday), from 9 AM - 9 PM (timings are flexible, of course), at Chargebee's office (4th floor, Block B, SP Infocity, MGR Salai, Perungudi, Chennai, to be precise).
Yes, just a few more deets. Let me break it down:
- The registration ends on June 10th, 2018. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have this absolutely fantastic idea and you’d like to present it, but cannot register for the hackathon.
- If your team is traveling from outside Chennai, your accommodation is on us - just select the accommodation field in the registration form. If you're a mother and would like to bring along your child, we can make arrangements for that as well. Please write to us at email@example.com.
- If you have this ground-breaking idea that doesn’t fall in any of the themes mentioned above, and you would want a platform to showcase that, well, you can. We have wildcard entries for 2 teams to present ideas and solutions outside predefined themes.