# Checkout Without Payment Details
Chargebee enables you to allow your customers to complete their checkout without adding any payment method to their subscription. This functionality is built in order to offer a smooth checkout experience for your customers who are skeptical about adding a payment method to their subscription before trying the product/service.
The checkout without payment details feature enables you to
- Offer a free trial for your customers without collecting a payment method.
- Have a Freemium plan that does not collect payment information during checkout.
- Offer a 100% discount or a coupon without prompting for a payment method.
The Checkout without Payment Details feature is protected using Google Invisible reCAPTCHA (opens new window) to stop spam checkouts by bots. This is to ensure that every subscription created using this feature is authentic and not created by a bot.
Enabling/Disabling Checkout without Payment Details
To enable this option:
- Click, Settings > Checkout & Self-Serve portal
- On the Checkout & Self-Serve portal** page, enable Allow customers to check out without payment details option.
- Upon enabling this option, you can select when you'd like to apply this functionality. Select the necessary setting(s) from Skip payment details collection during checkout with checkbox.
Available options are:
- Full credit/discount coupons
- Plans with free trials
- Zero-dollar plans
You can disable this setting any time you wish in the future. Once you disable this, all the new subscriptions (free/trial/coupons) created post disabling this option will require a payment information during the checkout process itself.