Data migration involves importing data from your previous platform into Chargebee. This includes information associated with customers, subscriptions, credit notes, and historical invoices.
For more information about data eligibility for migration, reach out to the Chargebee Support Team .
If you've moved to a new gateway and looking to map the new cards tokens to your customers, refer to the document on migrating cards.
This help document addresses the steps involved in Data Migration when you have raised a request to our Migration team. If you are looking to self migrate data, take a look at our doc on Self Migration.
To prevent any errors on the Live site during migration, the process is carried out on the Test site first. Once successful, it is done for the Live site.
1) Complete your Chargebee site setup. Try out a few mock transactions to test and ensure the flow works as expected.
2) Raise a migration request in your Chargebee app. Click Settings > Import and Export data > Raise a migration request.
Alternatively, click here to raise a migration request.
3) Our migration team will reach out to understand your requirements and share the migration sheet via Google Drive that must be completed by you.
4) It is recommended all new customers must be onboarded to your Chargebee site during the migration period. Any additions to the original import data could lead to delays.
5) Liaise with the migration team to determine the best window for migration.
6) Upon successful migration, Chargebee starts handling all billing activities for imported subscriptions.
7) Post migration, Chargebee starts handling all further billing for your imported subscriptions.
Note: Cancel all the Subscriptions in your existing billing system only after the Live site import. This ensures that your customers are not billed twice.
Ensure a thorough review of the data in the test site prior to the import to the live site, changes made to your live site are irreversible.
For migration-ready subscriptions renewing on the date of migration, the renewal date is moved further, about two or three days, based on your preference. This allows you sufficient time to review the imported subscriptions before they renew. Alternatively, you can allow these subscriptions to renew in the existing system and migrate them later into Chargebee.
By default, Chargebee will not trigger any webhooks or send any email notifications to customers during import. However, this can be enabled if required.
All required fields must be updated in the migration sheet in CSV format. This will avoid unexpected delays.
For additional safety, we recommend that you utilize Google Sheets or Docs while sharing data with us.