Salesforce (v1.31 - Legacy)
This page is for a legacy version of the integration that maps Chargebee customers to contacts in Salesforce. The version was deprecated on 6th Jan 2020. If you have not migrated to the latest version (with account-based mapping), please contact [email protected] .
- Supported Salesforce versions : Salesforce Enterprise Edition and above.
- Visit the Plans and Pricing page to see which plans in Chargebee are supported.
- Both Salesforce Classic and Lightning UI are supported.
The Chargebee package for Salesforce is not updated automatically, you must contact Chargebee Support to do so. To see if you have the latest version, in Salesforce, select Setup > Installed Packages and then look up the Version Number for Chargebee for Salesforce.
Package Version 1.28 (latest)
Nov 13, 2019
- Support for the new approach to opportunity/subscription handling.
- Emails such as Send Checkout Link are now sent using Salesforce instead of Chargebee so you can see them later within Salesforce.
- Manage CB Products now allows you to add non-recurring products also. Moreover, it allow you to choose an existing subscription under the account for the case when the opportunity is for upgrading an existing subscription.
- Create Subscription action for opportunities, renamed to Create/Change Subscription.
- Allow a second coupon to be added into opportunities and subscriptions.
Nov 1, 2019
- Integration configuration revamped and now includes a new approach to setting up opportunity/subscription handling.
Package Version 1.27.1
Sep 18, 2019
July 19, 2019
- Support for Salesforce person accounts.
View All Releases
Chargebee provides a highly customizable integration with Salesforce . As part of the integration, many of Chargebee's powerful subscription management actions can be performed from within Salesforce.
The following standard Salesforce objects are updated via the integration:
- Opportunity Product
- Price Book
- Price Book Entry
Additionally, custom objects are also created and updated with Chargebee data.
- Important Chargebee operations that support a sales-driven workflow can be performed without leaving Salesforce.
- Customer and subscription data is synced into Salesforce, aiding a direct-purchase model.
- Flexible integration, with a host of customizations available to suit your business workflow.
- Multiple Chargebee sites can be connected to a single Salesforce instance.
- Salesforce Person accounts are supported.
- Plans and addons are synced as product and price book entry records.
- Coupons are synced to a custom object.
- If you connect multiple Chargebee sites to Salesforce, a price book is created for every such site.
- Chargebee quotes can be created from within Salesforce and emailed to customers.
- All invoices and credit notes are synced to Salesforce as custom objects.
- Customer records are mapped to a contact and account (person accounts are also supported); leads are converted in the process by default.
- Opportunities can be created upon lead conversion.
- Subscriptions are synced to Salesforce as a custom object.
- Opportunities can be created, mapped and maintained against subscriptions.
The integration syncs information between Chargebee and Salesforce. However, the direction of sync can be customized for each pair of mapped fields.
On a high level, the objects in Chargebee are mapped to those in Salesforce as follows:
Setting up the Integration
The Chargebee for Salesforce integration must be setup to match your business workflows:
- The first step is to connect to Salesforce from your Chargebee site and to install the Chargebee for Salesforce package. Read the installation guide.
- The next step is to ensure that the integration behavior is configured to match your Salesforce workflows. The integration guide helps you in this.
Once the integration is up and running, Chargebee customers and subscriptions can be managed directly from Salesforce. The available options are listed under Chargebee Actions in Salesforce.
Other pages for Salesforce: