Self Migration empowers you to complete the migration process in a self-reliant way and on your own terms.
Migration simply put is a bulk import into Chargebee, hence being accommodated with our Bulk Operations feature and Import APIs.
If you are looking at migrating data to Chargebee yourself
This doc explains the process for doing a self-reliant migration to Chargebee using Bulk Operations.
If you are looking at migrating to Chargebee with the help of our Migration engineers, raise a request to us in the Chargebee app by clicking Settings > Import and Export data > Raise a migration request.
Test the import once by importing the data to your Chargebee Test site using the same steps below. Log in to your Test site and check if the imported data is as expected. You can then clear your Test site and perform Live site import.
1) In your Chargebee app, go to Settings > Import and Export Data > Choose a bulk operation and select the bulk operation you need to perform.
2) Download the sample CSV file which has pre-filled Chargebee fields in it.
3) Fill your data into the CSV file and upload it.
4) Validation is performed for the uploaded file.
After selecting the choice of action, click Next.
5) By default, emails and webhooks are disabled to ensure no notification is triggered during the import. You can deselect the boxes if you need them enabled during import. Click Continue to proceed.
6) Following a successful import, you are given the option to view imported data.
On your Test site:
Check Delete all data under Subscription section in TEST site if you want to clear all the subscription data on your Chargebee Test site during the try out.
7) Validate the imported data manually in your Chargebee Live site.
8) Post validation, cancel all the subscriptions in your previous billing system. This ensures your customers are not billed twice.
Make sure you disable the notification in your previous billing system as well to ensure no cancellation email is sent.