Here you can find the answers to some of most common questions associated with Chargebee Payments.
You can reach out to support , if you are unable to find the information you are looking for.
1. Is Chargebee Payments available for merchants outside the United States?
No, Chargebee Payments is available exclusively for merchants that are registered in the United States of America this includes 50 states and Washington DC.
2. What is an Employer Identification Number (EIN)?
An Employer Identification Number or EIN is a Tax Identification Number for businesses that is nine digits long and assigned by the IRS. They use the number to identify which taxpayers will need to require business tax forms as well as personal.
3. What is an Entity Registration Number?
A business registration number is a unique identifier registered with the state. This is essential to signup for an EIN or Tax ID.
4. Who is a Control Person?
A control person is one who: (1) owns or controls 10% or more of the voting stock of a corporation; (2) holds a position as an officer or director of a corporation; or (3) is in a position to influence the decision-making process of a corporation.
5. Who are Beneficiary Owners?
A beneficial owner is an individual or entity that owns equity of 25% or more in a business. As part of the onboarding process, you must list all beneficiary owners who own more than 25% of the equity in the business.
6. What is a Merchant Category Code (MCC)?
Payment brands use merchant category codes to classify merchants and businesses by the type of goods or services provided in order to track and restrict transactions. These are four-digit numbers used by credit card issuers that describe a merchant's primary business activities. If you are unsure of what your MCC is, we recommend finding your business' MCC from Visa or Mastercard .
7. How long does it take for my application to be reviewed?
We are unable to provide you with an exact review timeline for your application. We encourage you to continually access your Chargebee Site for latest udpates regarding your application.
8. How will I be notified of changes to the status of my application?
Currently, we don't have email notifications to apprise you of changes to the status of your application. However, your Chargebee app will display a banner on the homepage with the most recent status of your application.
9. Does Chargebee and/or its Partner(s) contact by phone or email seeking additional information?
No, Chargebee and/or its partners will not contact you seeking documentation or additional information via phone or email. We urge you to share any communication with support to verify its authenticity prior to engagement.
10. What verification process is followed to review my application?
Complete Know-Your-Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and MATCH™ checks are mandatory as part of the onboarding process. Additionally, your application is subject to sanction screenings that are mandated by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other regulatory bodies.
11. Why was my application rejected?
Our partner scrutinizes every application very carefully and requires that all applicants align with the established guidelines and parameters set by processors, sponsor banks, card networks, issuing banks, and other regulatory authorities. That being said, we are unable to provide you with the exact reason for the rejection of your application.
12. Can I configure my Smart Routing to include multiple payment processors?
No, Smart Routing is configured to decision what payment gateway must be used while processing a payment in a particular currency. Currently, you cannot configure your Smart Routing settings to include multiple gateways for USD currency.
1. Can I choose to transact in multiple currencies using Chargebee Payments?
No, Chargebee Payments extends its support for payments in US Dollar (USD) currency currently.
2. What Payment methods are currently supported by Chargebee Payments?
We currently support payments by Card only. card payments (via debit cards, credit cards, and prepaid cards). We will add additional payment methods soon.(Direct Debit via ACH followed by popular alternative payment methods).
3. When can I expect settlements to occur for payments processed successfully?
All payments are credited on the T+2 basis, as on the 2nd business day from the date of transaction.
4. How can I view a list of all the payments processed over a period of time via Chargebee Payments?
Login to Chargebee and navigate to "Transactions" within the "Logs" section.
5. What should I do in the event of a payment failure where the amount is still debited from the customer's account?
Login to Chargebee and navigate to "Transactions" to view the latest status of the transaction. You can also reach out to support if you still require additional assistance.
6. Where can I find the Fee Schedule for Chargebee Payments?
You can refer to our Fee Schedule for additional information.
7. Are my details safe with the payment processor?
Finix, our payments partner is certified as a Level 1 Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) compliant Service Provider. This is the most stringent level of security certification available in the payments ecosystem.
8. How do I raise a dispute with a payment?
Login to Chargebee and navigate to "Transactions" to view the latest status of the transaction. You can reach out to Chargebee support if you still require additional assistance.