Chargebee provides dunning option for customers for whom the Auto Collection option is turned off. You can configure Chargebee to send up to a maximum of four reminders to the customer when a Payment Due invoice is generated for them, and also configure the action to be taken should the customer fail to pay. Each reminder is sent X days after the last reminder was sent to the customer, X being the number of days that you configure.
Enabling Offline Dunning
Go to Settings › Site Settings › Offline Dunning Settings and check the option Enable offline dunning:
To customize the reminders that will be sent out, click Customize email template. The Payment Offline Reminder will appear as shown below:
Click here for more on customizing email templates.
Each time a customer fails to pay, Chargebee can perform one of the following actions:
- Send a reminder
- Cancel the subscription
- Cancel the subscription and mark the invoice as Not Paid
- Cancel the subscription and mark the invoice as Voided
- If the end action for one-time invoices is set to cancel subscription and mark invoice as ‘Not Paid', only the invoice will be marked as Not Paid, and the subscription will not be canceled.
- If the end action for one-time invoices is set to cancel subscription and mark invoice as ‘Voided', only the invoice will be marked as Voided, and the subscription will not be canceled.
- If offline dunning is enabled for a customer and subsequently the Auto Collection option is turned on for them, Chargebee will stop dunning for them.
- If an invoice has been partially paid, it cannot be marked as Voided or Not Paid (if configured under Dunning Settings), but the subscription will be canceled.
Disabling Offline Dunning
If offline dunning is disabled,
- The change will be reflected on invoices generated after the option is disabled.
- Invoices that were generated when offline dunning was enabled, will continue to remain in dunning state. You need to manually stop dunning for such invoices.