This page is for the latest version of the Salesforce integration that maps Chargebee customer records to Salesforce accounts. If you setup the Salesforce integration before 6th Jan 2020, it is likely that you are using a deprecated version of the integration that performs a contact-based mapping. To migrate to the current version, contact [email protected] .
The Chargebee package for Salesforce is not updated automatically, you must Contact Support to do so. To see if you have the latest version, in Salesforce, select Setup > Installed Packages and then look up the Version Number for Chargebee for Salesforce.
Refer documentation to learn how to set up and use Chargebee for Salesforce.
Integration Updates mentioned in this page refer to updates applied on Chargebee side alone without any changes on the Salesforce package.
Package Version 1.34
Jan 21, 2020
Package Version 1.33
Jan 10, 2020
Jan 6, 2020
- Package released for account-based mapping to Salesforce.
Jan 3, 2020
- Configuration and backend released for account-based mapping to Salesforce.
Jan 3, 2020
- Performance improvements and bug fixes.
- This is the last major version supporting contact-based mapping in Salesforce. Enhancements and fixes to contact-based mapping would be released as version
Dec 5, 2019
- Send Checkout Link: If the shipping address is available in Salesforce, it appears prefilled for the customer when they checkout using the checkout email.
Package version 1.28.1
Dec 2, 2019
- Bug fix: mandatory addons now get included automatically with plans in Salesforce.
- Decimal part of amounts are now supported.
- Cleaning up renewal opportunities when they no are longer required/needed.
Package Version 1.28
Nov 13, 2019
- Support for the new approach to opportunity/subscription handling.
- Emails such as Send Checkout Link are now sent using Salesforce instead of Chargebee so you can see them later within Salesforce.
- Manage CB Products now allows you to add non-recurring products also. Moreover, it allow you to choose an existing subscription under the account for the case when the opportunity is for upgrading an existing subscription.
- Create Subscription action for opportunities, renamed to Create/Change Subscription.
- Allow a second coupon to be added into opportunities and subscriptions.
Nov 1, 2019
- Integration configuration revamped and now includes a new approach to setting up opportunity/subscription handling.
Package Version 1.27.1
Oct 18, 2019
July 19, 2019
- Support for Salesforce person accounts.
Package Version 1.26
Jul 2, 2019
- Allow only recurring addons and coupons to be added to an opportunity using Manage CB Products.
Package Version 1.25
Jun 18, 2019
- Bug fix for Change Subscription page.
Package Version 1.24
Jun 14, 2019
- Performance issue fixed for Create Subscription page.
Package Version 1.22
Jun 7, 2019
- Custom field-mapping support for pushing data from Salesforce to Chargebee.
- When launched from an opportunity, the Create Subscription page auto-fills with products and coupons present in the opportunity.
Package Version 1.21 (Summer Release)
May 15, 2019
- Support for multiple Chargebee sites to be connected to the same Salesforce org.
- Bug fixes.
Package Version 1.20
Apr 25, 2019
- Working with Chargebee's advanced pricing models (tiered, volume and stairstep) is now possible from within Salesforce.
- A Salesforce user can now capture a customer's payment information for Chargebee without leaving Salesforce.
Package Version 1.19
Jan 15, 2019
Package Version 1.18
Jan 7, 2019
- Change Subscription: Now upgrade/downgrade Chargebee Subscriptions or add/remove addons from within Salesforce.
- Specify Customer ID: Chargebee Customer IDs can now be set when syncing new Accounts from Salesforce.
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Package Version 1.17
Nov 20, 2018
- Invoice unbilled charges from a Salesforce contact
- Sync credit notes into Salesforce
- Cancel subscriptions from within Salesforce
- Specify a subscription ID when creating a subscription from Salesforce
- Improved validation checks prior to enabling the integration first time
- Deleting a Chargebee invoice deletes the corresponding invoice in Salesforce too
- General bug fixes