Chargebee offers an easy-to-use plugin that allows you to set up your checkout pages with no developer assistance quickly. The checkout pages being PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant relieves you from the stress of maintaining security standards and allows you to focus more on your business.
Checkout plays a crucial role in increasing your conversion rate from trials users to paid customers. Chargebee Checkout gives you the flexibility to design the page according to your website's look and feel. It also provides a smooth checkout experience for your customers while purchasing products or services from your site.
Chargebee Checkout is your one-stop destination with custom fields, default language translation, smart routing and more.
What problems do you face when you have a self-hosted checkout page??
A checkout page collects your customers' details such as account information, billing details and helps in completing the order by processing the payment.
- Security Compliance: You will have to adhere to the security standards set by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. This is expensive, hard and diverts your attention from building your product.
- Time Consuming: Creating a checkout page by yourself can be time consuming and will require a lot of developer help. Imagine having to get a developer to intervene every time you need to alter something in your code, despite it being a minimal change.
- Limited Options for Payments: You will have to build custom integrations for every payment method and e-wallets such as Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal and so on to process the payment.
- Complicated cases regarding taxes, coupons, add-ons, and gift workflows have to be built from scratch and require extensive developer maintenance for you.
Benefits of using Chargebee Checkout
- Chargebee Checkout pages are PCI compliant.
- They require zero to minimal development effort from your side. It takes less than two minutes to integrate the checkout script into your code.
- Chargebee integrates with a wide range of payment gateways that you can choose from. All that you have to do is choose your gateway and configure it in Chargebee.
- With Chargebee's smart routing feature you can designate a currency to a particular payment gateway.
- Empowers you to extensively customize the branding (look and feel), fields, labels and more.
- Choose between different kinds of checkout - whether modal window, or single page based on your requirement.
- Displays complex tax calculations, discounts, coupons, add-ons, one-time charges, gift workflows, auto-complete, custom fields and others.
- Ability to allow customers to checkout without adding their payment details.
- Take advantage of a whole suite of integrations including referral and affiliate tracking and abandoned cart data.
- Returning customers can checkout easily without providing all the details from the beginning.
- Takes full advantage of mobile browser's autocomplete functionality, for example - card scanning.
- Use our APIs in combination with Chargebee checkout to intelligently handle nuances in your workflow.
- Seamlessly combine your subscription data with checkout.
Here is what happens in Chargebee from the time the customer clicks the Checkout/Subscribe button.
Types of Checkout
Chargebee offers two types of Checkout that you can choose from based on your business requirements.
In-App is an intuitive pop-up style checkout. On clicking the Subscribe/Checkout button, a pop-up will open where your customers must enter their account and payment details. You can choose to configure your brand elements, fields, display charges, taxes, a thank you message and configure multiple workflows to suit your business needs.
Here is a sample of the In-App Checkout.
Learn more about the In-App Checkout.
Hosted Components and Fields
As a business owner, you might want to incorporate consistent branding throughout your website. But, this comes with an additional responsibility - PCI compliance. PCI compliance PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard ) is a set of standards that ensure your brand is up-to-date with the top measures for securing and maintaining customer-sensitive information (handling cards). This is an ongoing task and therefore taking care of it by yourself can be excruciating.
Hosted Components and Fields is nothing but a few lines of code that you can easily stitch with your website to collect the details of the payment. This being PCI Compliant, relieves you from the stress of handling payments and helps you focus on your business.
Hosted Components and Fields are supported only for merchants who have set up Checkout via API.
Here is a sample of Hosted Components and Fields.
Learn more about the Components.
1) What is a custom domain?
Also known as White Labeling, a custom domain allows you to create your brand domain instead of using Chargebee's domain. Custom domains provide a consistent user experience. You can only create custom domains for LIVE sites.
2)How do I activate reCaptcha for my custom domain?
- Allow list chargebee.com and js.chargebee.com in your reCaptcha account.
- To enable reCaptcha for your custom domain, send the reCaptcha keys to email@example.com .
- You can only activate the reCaptcha for LIVE checkout sites created using the In-App checkout.