LiveSession was designed to be a subscription business from the get-go. With prior experience in having dealt with subscription management tools such as Recurly, Kamil Drazkiewicz, the Founder of LiveSession, found the limitations of many solutions available on the market. Some of the limitations included the lack of important integrations, the inability of migrating to another platform should the need arise, and tax automation With this in mind, he took some time to research and test different apps.
Their main requirements included:
- Braintree integration: With Braintree as their payment gateway, this was a critical requirement for their integration.
- Easy tax calculation: The company caters to clients from different countries around the world, including the USA, Poland, India and the UK. Tax regulations vary significantly depending on the region, which is why LiveSession was looking for a solution that automated geo-specific tax calculation.
- Integration with analytics software: LiveSession is a data-driven startup that delivers a data-driven product. And hence, an integration with ChartMogul was necessary to track their subscription analytics.
The team at LiveSession believed that it pays off to take the time to choose the best subscription management tool available. Chargebee was their top pick, as it met their requirements mentioned above, as well as:
- The use of Go language API library: This was a huge technical advantage, as LiveSession is using Go on a daily basis.
- Extensive documentation: Legal requirements are intricate by nature, which is why integrating with subscription management tools is rather complex. Chargebee’s detailed documentation really helped LiveSession’s founder go through the integration process within a month.
- Customer support: LiveSession was impressed with Chargebee’s customer support, especially with their speed of responses to standard as well as non-standard queries.
After working closely with Chargebee, LiveSession witnessed 7x growth in 6 months with the Freemium Offering. They were particularly happy with:
The ability to add customized enterprise plans manually
Smooth automation and robust API
Automated tax compliance
Third-party software integrations, such as Slack, ChartMogul, and Profitwell. These solutions make it easier to measure growth and company KPIs without additional hassle.
The app itself, as they found it really comprehensive yet easy to understand