- Supported Salesforce versions: Salesforce Enterprise Edition and above.
- Visit the Plans and Pricing page to see which plans in Chargebee are supported.
- Both Salesforce Classic and Lightning UI are supported.
The Chargebee package for Salesforce is not updated automatically, you must contact email@example.com to do so. To see if you have the latest version, in Salesforce, select Setup > Installed Packages and then look up the Version Number for Chargebee for Salesforce.
Version: 1.25 (latest)
Jun 18, 2019
- Bug fix for Change Subscription page.
Jun 14, 2019
- Performance issue fixed for Create Subscription page.
Jun 7, 2019
- Custom field-mapping support for pushing data from Salesforce to Chargebee.
- When launched from an opportunity, the Create Subscription page auto-fills with products and coupons present in the opportunity.
Version: 1.21 (Summer Release)
May 15, 2019
- Support for multiple Chargebee sites to be connected to the same Salesforce org.
- Bug fixes.
View All Releases
Chargebee provides a highly customizable integration with Salesforce. As part of the integration, many of Chargebee's powerful subscription management actions can be performed from within Salesforce.
The following standard Salesforce objects are updated via the integration:
- Opportunity Product
- Price Book
- Price Book Entry
Additionally, custom objects are also created and updated with Chargebee data.
- Important Chargebee operations that support a sales-driven workflow can be performed without leaving Salesforce.
- Customer and subscription data is synced into Salesforce, aiding a direct-purchase model.
- Flexible integration, with a host of customizations available to suit your business workflow.
- Multiple Chargebee sites can be connected to a single Salesforce instance.
- Plans and addons are synced as product and price book entry records.
- Coupons are synced to a custom object.
- If you connect multiple Chargebee sites to Salesforce, a price book is created for every such site.
- All invoices and credit notes are synced to Salesforce as custom objects.
- Customer records are mapped to a contact and account; leads are converted in the process by default.
- Opportunities can be created upon lead conversion.
- Subscriptions are synced to Salesforce as a custom object.
- Opportunities can be created, mapped and maintained against subscriptions.
The integration syncs data from Chargebee to Salesforce. If auto sync is enabled, this also happens automatically. However, pushing data from Salesforce to Chargebee is done via designated operations only and is not automatic.
On a high level, the objects in Chargebee are mapped to those in Salesforce as follows:
Setting up the Integration
The Chargebee for Salesforce integration must be setup to match your business workflows:
- The first step is to connect to Salesforce from your Chargebee site and to install the Chargebee for Salesforce package. Read the installation guide.
- The next step is to ensure that the integration behavior is configured to match your Salesforce workflows. The integration guide helps you in this.
Once the integration is up and running, Chargebee customers and subscriptions can be managed directly from Salesforce. The available options are listed under Chargebee Actions in Salesforce.
Other pages for Salesforce: