If you have setup the Salesforce integration before 27th July 2020, it is likely that you are using an older version of the integration. To migrate to the current version, contact [email protected] .
- Supported Salesforce versions : Salesforce Enterprise Edition and above.
- Salesforce Integration is available only in selected plans of Chargebee. Visit the Plans and Pricing page to see which plans in Chargebee are supported.
- Both Salesforce Classic and Lightning user interface are supported.
The Chargebee package for Salesforce is not updated automatically, you must contact Chargebee Support to do so. To view if you have the latest version, in Salesforce, select Setup > Installed Packages and then search for the Version Number for Chargebee for Salesforce.
Chargebee provides a highly customizable integration with Salesforce . By maintaining a one-to-one relationship between Chargebee customer records and Salesforce accounts, the integration keeps both the systems up-to-date. Chargebee subscriptions can be directly created and managed from Salesforce.
Based on the configuration, the integration creates or updates records within the following standard objects in Salesforce:
- Opportunity Product
- Price Book
- Price Book Entry
Additionally, custom objects are also created and updated with Chargebee data.
Listed below are the key features of the Chargbeee - Salesforce integration.
- Important Chargebee operations that support a sales-driven workflow can be performed without leaving Salesforce.
- Customer and subscription data is synced into Salesforce, aiding a direct-purchase model.
- Flexible integration done entirely from Salesforce, with a host of customizations available to suit your business workflow.
- Multiple Chargebee sites can be connected to a single Salesforce instance.
- A 'Sync health dashboard' is available in Salesforce for merchants to view sync status and errors, and take action. This dashboard provides information on:
- The number of records synced in the last sync, the number of records that did not, and the type of sync errors.
- The last 5 synchronizations, the nature of the syncs (scheduled or manual) and the status of the sync.
- The ‘Sync logs' tab gives you a 360 degree visibility on the status of the syncs thereby offering a complete audit trail in Salesforce. The timely availability of this information coupled with root causes for failures equips Salesforce/Chargebee administrators to understand and resolve sync errors without having to rely on Chargebee support or engineering.
- Provides in app custom field mapping between Chargebee and Salesforce objects.
- Specifies record types for account/opportunities.
- Allows Chargebee to pass default values for mandatory fields configured in Salesforce.
This section gives you an overview of what happens when the data is synced during the integration.
- Plans and addons are synced as product and price book entry records.
- Customer records are mapped in a 1-to-1 manner to account records (person accounts are also supported).
- Leads can be converted if matching accounts are not found.
- Coupons are synced to the custom object.
- If you connect multiple Chargebee sites to Salesforce, a price book is created for every such site.
- Chargebee quotes can be created from within Salesforce and emailed to customers.
- All invoices and credit notes are synced to Salesforce as custom objects.
- Opportunities can be created upon lead conversion.
- Subscriptions are synced to Salesforce as a custom object.
- Opportunities can be mapped and maintained against subscriptions.
On a high level, the objects in Chargebee are mapped to those in Salesforce as follows:
Setting up the Integration
The Chargebee for Salesforce integration must be setup to match your business workflows:
- The first step is to connect to Salesforce from your Chargebee site and to install the Chargebee for Salesforce package. For more information, read the installation guide.
- The next step is to ensure that the integration behavior is configured to match your Salesforce workflows. The integration guide helps you in this.
Once the integration is set up successfully, Chargebee customers and subscriptions can be managed directly from Salesforce user interface. The available options are listed under Chargebee Actions in Salesforce.
Other pages for Salesforce: