Configuring Sage Intacct
By integrating your Intacct account with Chargebee, you can enable automatic synchronization of Invoices, Customers, and other data from Chargebee to Intacct that are crucial for financial management and analysis.
We recommend that you consult your accounting advisor before configuring the integration. You can test the integration on the Test Site before setting up the integration on the Live Site.
Before you begin the integration with Intacct, here are the prerequisites in both the applications.
- You require Full Admin access to Sage Intacct, with user role permissions to set up the integration.
- Chargebee is listed in Intacct's Marketplace . You can integrate your Chargebee site with Intacct using Chargebee's license, or you can also choose to integrate using your own web services developer license. Subscribe to Web Services by following these steps:
a. Once you have logged in to your Intacct account, click Company > Subscriptions.
b. Find Web Services and click to Subscribe.
- Add your company's Sender ID (this is the Sender ID assigned to you by Sage Intacct) to the allowed list by following these steps:
a. Click Company > Company Info > Edit.
b. Navigate to the Security tab > Web Services Authorizations section and add the Sender ID.
Navigate to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Billing LogIQ and enable accounting fields for Intacct.
Enter a GL Account for each Plan/Addon in Chargebee. Navigate to Product Catalog > Plans/Addons > Select a Plan/Addon > Accounting Information > enter the GL Account Name. You can also provide a Revenue Recognition Template ID for Plan/Addons.
If the Plan ID/ Addon ID is greater than 30 characters, you should provide an alternative name in the Alternative Name/SKU field.
- When you add new plans and addons in Chargebee anytime after the integration is set up, do not forget to enter the GL Account Name and SKU fields.
- If you make any changes to the GL Account Name in your Intacct account anytime after the integration is set up, you need to update them in Chargebee as well. Failing to do so could lead to a sync error.
- If the Plan ID/ Addon ID is greater than 30 characters, you should provide an alternative name in the Alternative Name/SKU field.
- Verify if the base currency in Chargebee and Intacct are the same. If you have multiple currencies enabled in Chargebee, then you should ensure these currencies are enabled in Intacct as well. You can view the currencies in Chargebee by navigating to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Currencies.
After completing the pre-implementation steps in your Sage Intacct account, follow these steps in Chargebee to set up the integration:
Once you have logged in to your Chargebee site, follow these steps to intiate integration:
- Click Configure Chargebee > Third Party Integrations > Accounting > Sage Intacct.
- Click Connect and enter the login credentials. You can connect your Chargebee Site with Intacct either using Chargebee's license or using your own web services developer license, as required. If you already have a developer license with Intacct, select the "Use developer license" option and enter the required details.
2. Set up Sync rules for Entity
Select an entity and the account type in Intacct to which the invoices should be synced to.
- Choose an Entity - these are Entities or Organizations in your Intacct account.
- Account type is selected as Item GL Group by default.
3. Verify Accounting Information
Chargebee checks whether your plans/addons have valid GL information. If a plan/addon doesn't have the GL information, the error details will get listed. You can download the CSV file, update the details and upload the file back into Chargebee.
If you make any changes to the GL Account Name in your Intacct account anytime after the integration is set up, you need to update them in Chargebee as well. Failing to do so could lead to a sync error.
4. Check Prerequisites
Next, Chargebee performs a list of checks in Intacct:
- Customer duplicate check: If invoices from Chargebee are already available in Intacct, customers will be present as well. In order to avoid duplicates, you should map the customer records between both the systems. You can download the list of customers as a CSV file, map the customers and upload the updated sheet in Chargebee. If there is no possibility of duplicates, ignore and proceed.
- Currency check: The currencies present in Chargebee should be present in Intacct. You should manually compare and add the currencies in Intacct. Chargebee can not compare the currencies via API.
5. Set up Reconciliation
It is recommended that you create a clearing account to map payments and refunds in Intacct.
6. Configure Sync Rules
Configure how Chargebee integrates with Intacct:
- Payment Account Mapping:
Payment transactions recorded in Chargebee can be mapped to payment accounts in Intacct. For reconciliation purposes, you can select a clearing or undeposited funds account. If you have multiple currencies or payment gateways or payment methods enabled, you can choose a specific payments or checking account.
- Refund Mapping:
Refunds are created as Vendor payments in Intacct. You can configure the following for mapping refunds:
- Check Number: Check number is a reference number. When there is a refund, auto-increment occurs from the number you provide here.
- Vendor ID: Enter a vendor ID for the refund.
- Refund Clearing Account: Select a clearing or temporary account to map refund transactions.
- Account Mapping for Invoice Line Items:
- One time charges: One time or Adhoc charges created in Chargebee can be mapped to a GL Account in Intacct.
- Setup fee: If you have configured a setup fee for plans in Chargebee, the setup fee line items can be mapped to a specific GL Account in Intacct.
- Discounts: Select an Account to map Discounts/Cost of Goods (COGs) in Intacct.
- Bad debts (write-offs): You can choose where Bad Debts should be mapped in Intacct.
- Round offs: If there is a difference in the invoice total calculation between Chargebee and Intacct, then Chargebee will add a round off item automatically, you can select an Account to map these round off line items.
- Product Line: If you have multiple Chargebee sites you can provide a Product Line per Chargebee site. This is an optional step.
- Revenue Recognition Mapping:
If you are using Intacct's revenue recognition module, follow these steps to send the invoice line amount, start date, and end date when an invoice is synced from Chargebee to Intacct:
Enable Revenue Recognition Rule Mapping. You can also choose to mandate the revenue recognition template ID as part of the sync. This will ensure that the revenue recognition information is captured for every invoice that is synced from Chargebee.
Enter the revenue recognition template ID for One time charges, Setup fee, Discounts, Bad debts and Round off.
Navigate to the respective Plans/Addons and specify the revenue recognition template ID in the Accounting Information section.
If you are not using Intacct's revenue recognition module, you can skip this step during configuration. Learn more about how you can use Chargebee's reports for revenue recognition.
- Sync Offline Payments:
When offline payments are reconciled against Payment Due invoices in Intacct, invoices get updated as Paid in Intacct. These payments can be synced back to close Payment Due invoices in Chargebee. You can choose to enable this option.
7. Configure Tax Mapping
You can add taxes as sub-totals in Sage Intacct for Accounting or ERP modules. For example, if you are remitting sales tax in New York (which is based in the US), you can create a sub-total item for each tax jurisdiction within that region.
- Only US and Canada states/provinces can be configured for tax mapping. You can also enable the state or country-level tax mapping and enter state-level or country-level taxes as sub-totals.
- If you're using Intacct's VAT module, read the FAQ on tax configuration support in other regions.
8. Select Sync Start Date
Select a date from which invoices generated in Chargebee should be synced to Intacct.
You can choose from one of the following:
- Sync all invoices
- Sync invoices from a specific date
Invoices and related records, from the specified date will only be synced.
- If there are Invoices and related records in Chargebee that are created before the date you specify, they will not be synced and you could see a sync error. You can update the respective invoices manually in Intacct or contact us to ignore these invoices in subsequent sync.
- If there are updates to invoices, or credit notes are created for those invoices created before the specified date, you should update those records in Intacct manually.
9. Run Initial Sync
Once the configuration is complete, you can begin the sync. Chargebee will sync the first 10 invoices, to ensure that mapping, conventions and sync criteria align with your requirements.
We recommend that you review these invoices in Intacct. If the sync works as expected, you can click the Sync All Records option and proceed.
Intacct setup is now complete.
If you make any changes to settings like GL Account, Currency or Taxes in your Intacct account anytime after the integration is set up, you need to update them in Chargebee as well. Failing to do so could lead to a sync error.
Once the integration is setup in your Chargebee site, you can go to Configure Chargebee > Third Party Integrations > Accounting > Sage Intacct and see when the last sync was run, success or errors in the sync, and options to edit the configurations :
Enable/Disable Auto Sync:
After setting up the integration, you can configure daily schedule to sync all the information to Intacct automatically. Invoices and related information will be synced once every 24 hours. You can choose to disable auto-sync if required.
For on-demand sync, you can sync data from Chargebee to Intacct immediately.
You can edit the configurations or GL Account mapping provided during the setup process.
Manage Tax Mapping:
You can modify the tax sub-totals provided during the setup process. If you have added tax regions in your Chargebee settings, you can provide new tax sub-totals here.
In case you want to stop syncing data from Chargebee to Intacct, you can unlink the integration.
1. We create Sales Orders for fulfilment, how does this work as part of this integration?
Sales Orders are not created as part of the integration. Sales invoices are only created when they are synced from Chargebee.
2. How does Chargebee sync data and invoices when you're using Sage Intacct's VAT module?
Currently, Chargebee syncs all billing-related information to Sage Intacct including tax line items for US and Canada regions only. If you're using Sage Intacct's VAT module for the European Union (EU), United Kingdom (UK), Australia, and South Africa regions, you cannot use this integration to sync your invoices and other data from Chargebee to Sage Intacct. We're working in partnership with Sage Intacct to develop a new integration option that allows the creation of Accounts Receivable (AR) invoices instead of AR sales invoices, that can utilize the VAT tax module.
- Contact Sage Intacct to determine if using the AR invoice in the integration will meet your requirements.
- Contact Chargebee support for any further details.