Sage Intacct is a leading SaaS based financial management system. Merchants use Intacct as their financial accounting system to store, manage and balance the transactions and information that govern the company's finances.
Chargebee integrates with Intacct to sync invoices and import A/R data to reduce manual efforts involved in managing your financials.
- Chargebee - Intacct integration is available only on select plans. To know more, visit Chargebee's Plans and Pricing page.
- It is recommended to test the integration on the Test site before setting up the integration on the Live site.
This is a one-way integration of sales invoices from Chargebee to Intacct. Sync runs once every 24 hours.
- Customers present in Chargebee will be created in Sage Intacct.
- Existing customers will be identified and mapped by Customer ID.
- Plans/Addons are created as Items in Intacct.
- If items are already present in Intacct, then the Item SKU can be entered in plans/addons in Chargebee to avoid duplication.
- Discounts will be created as negative items.
- Invoices are created as Sales Invoices in Intacct.
- An AR invoice for the Sales Invoice will be created in Intacct automatically.
- When an invoice is voided in Chargebee, a Credit Memo will be created and linked to the invoice.
- Credit notes are created as Sales Credit Memos in Intacct.
- When a Credit note is voided in Chargebee, a corresponding action in Intacct is not present. You can choose to delete the document in Intacct or list this Credit Memo as a sync error.
- Refunds will be created as Vendor payment in Intacct (Accounts Payable ledger).
- If you have a Vendor available in Intacct, you can provide the Vendor name as part of the configuration and Chargebee will create refunds as Payments against this Vendor.
- Alternatively, Chargebee can create a Vendor automatically, namely, CB_REFUND_VENDOR and use this for refund transactions.
- When a refund is created, it will debit CB_REFUND_VENDOR account and credit the Bank Account.
To adjust the AR balance for your customers, you should do the following:
- Create an AR adjustment debit memo
- This will debit AR and credit CB_REFUND_VENDOR
- Apply the credit memo to the debit memo
- You can choose to download Chargebee's Revenue Recognition Reports or use Rev Rec module in Intacct.
- To enable the Rev Rec module in Intacct, Chargebee will send the invoice line amount, start date and end date when an invoice is synced.
- Based on the Revenue Recognition rules configured, the revenue forecast schedule will be generated in Intacct.
Dimensions: For custom tracking/reporting, you can provide additional information at Customer or product level, namely Dimensions in Intacct. The following dimensions are supported: Location, Class, Department, Vendor, Project and Employee.
Item GL Group: Each Item GL Group has a default Revenue and Deferred Revenue Account associated in Intacct. You can use item GL groups to categorize items and post transactions to specific GL accounts. In case you are selling products/services which should map to the Revenue/Deferred revenue account, you can create a group and map products accordingly. For instance, you can create Item GL groups, Software and Hardware, and select a group name while mapping line items in Chargebee.
GL Account Group: A GL Account group can consist of a GL Account and/or Dimensions and/or other GL Account groups.
Product Line: You can provide a product family name for items created/mapped from Chargebee. If you have multiple Chargebee sites, you can categorize the items by providing a Product Line in Chargebee.
1. We create Sales Orders for fulfilment, how does this work as part of this integration?
Sales Orders are not created as part of the integration. Sales invoices are only created when they are synced from Chargebee.