Integrating your billing and accounting is time-consuming. You have to comply with unique requirements accounting for recurring revenue, upgrades/downgrades, renewals etc.
Chargebee integrates with Oracle NetSuite, a leading cloud-based ERP provider. You can sync your billing and subscription data and remove the manual efforts or spreadsheets.
Manage your accounting effectively, generate financial reports and recognize revenue using NetSuite's GAAP-compliant revenue recognition module.
- This integration is available only on select plans. To know more, visit Chargebee's Plans and Pricing page.
- To learn more, get in touch and we can discuss how we can set this up for you.
- It is recommended to test the integration on your Sandbox environment before connecting with the Live site.
This is a 1-way integration of Sales invoices, from Chargebee to NetSuite. Sync runs once every 24 hrs
Sales Orders will not be created as part of this integration.
- Invoices created in Chargebee will be synced as Sales invoices in NetSuite
- Payments will be applied to Sales invoices
- Credit Notes will be created as Credit Memo in NetSuite and applied to Sales Invoices
- Offline payments reconciled in NetSuite will be updated in Chargebee
- For multi-currency invoices, exchange rate (fx rate) applied in Chargebee will be synced
- US Taxes can be synced to NetSuite
- You can choose to sync taxes from Chargebee or not, based on the configuration, the taxes as configured in your NetSuite account will be applied on the invoices automatically
- Customers will be created when invoices are synced
- Duplicate check is performed based on Customer ID or email address
- Existing customers from NetSuite can be migrated to Chargebee to avoid duplicates
- Person/ Business Accounts will be created in NetSuite, based on Company information available
- Custom fields can be mapped as part of the setup process
Plans and Addons
- Plans or Addons in Chargebee will be created as Items in NetSuite
- Items already present in NetSuite can be mapped via SKU/item ID
- Discounts will be created as Discount Items in NetSuite
- You can provide the Department, Location or Class for reporting purpose
- You can assign the Revenue Recognition Rule ID from NetSuite
- Chargebee will send the Amount, Start date and End date per invoice line item
- Based on the Revenue Recognition Rule ID assigned to every line item, the revenue schedule can be generated in NetSuite
- You can select a default subsidiary to which you want to post customer/invoice info in NetSuite
- Additionally, you can map customers to a specific subsidiary in NetSuite based on the Billing Address
GL Account Mapping
- You can map a GL Account per plan/addon in Chargebee
- You can also provide a GL Account for Setup fees, One-time Charges, Discounts, Bad Debts, Round off errors
- You can provide a clearing/un-deposited funds account to map payments and refunds
- You can choose to sync document number as setup in Chargebee to NetSuite
- Alternatively you can also opt for not syncing document numbers from Chargebee, in this case, Chargebee will align with the prefix/sequence in NetSuite
- Document number from Chargebee will sync as External ID for search/ease of reference
1. We create Sales Orders for every request from our customers, how does this work as part of this integration?
Sales Orders are not created as part of the integration. Sales invoices are only created when they are synced from Chargebee.
2. We have other systems such as Shopify, Salesforce etc., from which customer/order information flows into NetSuite. How will the integration behave in such a scenario?
- You can have data flowing from multiple sales channels into NetSuite.
- Customer duplicate check is performed based on email address.
- Products can be identified via their SKU.
3. I have a prefix/sequence setup in NetSuite, will Chargebee create documents with it's own document number series of align with what is setup in NetSuite?
You can choose to sync the document numbers from Chargebee or configure Chargebee to align with the sequence in NetSuite.