Zapier is an online integration app that helps you connect different apps together and sync actions between them. The Chargebee app for Zapier enables you to connect and extract subscription related information such as invoices, payments, etc. from over 1000+ online applications. It helps you automate workflows and increase productivity with ease.
We have introduced a new set of Triggers and Actions. They are available for Public Beta Testing. Please do contact support if you'd like to try it out.
Terminologies used in Zapier
- Zap: A link between two apps.
- Trigger: An event that starts a Zap. For example, You can add a new invoice in Xero for every new charge in Chargebee. Here, New Charge is the Trigger.
- Action: An event that completes a Zap. Going with the above example, the New Invoice is the action.
- Multi Step Zap (Search): A Zap that has more than one action or includes searches and filters.
Learn more about the terms used in Zapier.
Let us now see how to configure a Zap. We are going to create a row in Google Sheets whenever a new invoice is created in Chargebee. Here's how you will go about it:
Step 1: Log into your Zapier account.
Step 2: Click Make a Zap. Select Chargebee under Trigger app and select "New Invoice" as the trigger.
You can also choose Chargebee under Action. If you want to synchronize data from a third-party app into Chargebee. Please refer to the supported Actions and Triggers section to know more.
Step 3: Add your Chargebee account to Zapier to connect with services available through Zapier. Click "Connect an Account".
The next time you create a Zap using Chargebee, you can use the same account again without needing to reconnect.
Step 4: Provide your Chargebee site name. This is also the subdomain where you login to Chargebee.
Step 5: Provide your Chargebee site's API key. You can get to your API keys in Chargebee under Settings > Configure Chargebee > API Keys. Read more about API keys.
You can create a separate API key just for "Triggers" with Read Transactional Data permissions and another just for "Actions" or both with Full Access Permissions.
Step 6: Copy paste it in the "API key" in the API field in Zapier and click "Continue". Zapier will validate the information and connect to your Chargebee account.
Step 7: Similarly, connect your Google Sheets account as well and add filters if required.
Step 8: Test the Zap and when you're ready turn it on!
Checkout some of our pre-existing Zaps! here .
Zapier also allows you to search customers in Chargebee. You can add the search functionality in between Trigger and Action. To search, click the + sign and click Action/Search.
Supported Triggers, Actions and Searches
- New Customer: Triggers when a customer is created.
- Customer Details Updates: Triggers when customer details such as first name, last name, email, billing address, etc., are updated.
- New Payment Method: Triggers when a payment method is added.
- Payment Method Update: Triggers when a payment method is updated.
- New Subscription: Triggers when a subscription is created.
- Subscription Activation: Triggers when a subscription is changed from Trial or Future state to Active state.
- Subscription Details Updates: Triggers when subscription details such as custom fields, billing information, recurring items etc., are modified.
- Subscription Pause: Triggers when a subscription is paused.
- Subscription Resumption: Triggers when a paused subscription is resumed.
- Subscription Cancellation Scheduled: Triggers when a subscription is scheduled for cancellation.
- Subscription Cancellation: Triggers when a subscription is cancelled.
- Subscription Reactivation: Triggers when a subscription is moved from Cancelled state to Active/In Trial/Non Renewing/Future state.
- New Invoice: Triggers when a new invoice is generated(with line item support).
- New Payment: Triggers when a payment is collected successfully.
- Payment Failure: Triggers when a payment fails.
- Card Expiration: Triggers when a credit card expires.
- Create Customer: Creates a new customer in Chargebee.
- Update Customer: Updates customer details in Chargebee.
- Create Subscription: Creates a subscription in Chargebee.
- Update Subscription: Updates a subscription in Chargebee.
- Record Offline Payment for an Invoice: Records an offline payment for unpaid invoices.
- Change Next Billing Date: Updates next billing date of a subscription.
- Pause Subscription: Pauses a subscription in Chargebee.
- Resume Subscription: Resumes a paused subscription in Chargebee.
- Find Customer: Lookup an existing customer.(Search fields: customer Id, email_id, company)